Freshman Advice: What Not To Do
March 17, 2017
Filed under Opinion
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
By Kurt Acosta
This is advice for first year Weston Ranch students but might be useful to you too.
1. Don’t cause unnecessary drama
– Don’t believe everything you hear, don’t worry about what he/she said.
2. Don’t get distracted by your phone in class
– Your pool match can wait get your work done.
3. Don’t procrastinate on homework and projects
– Make projects and homework a priority, once you’re done you have the rest of the weekend to yourself.
4. Don’t skip classes
– 1 hour on a weekday isn’t worth 4 hours on a Saturday.
5. Don’t yell across campus
– Nobody cares about your conversation, don’t make them have to hear it.
6. Don’t forget to charge your tablet
– Sorry, but “My tablet is dead” is not an excuse. Trust me.
7. Don’t liter on campus
– There are literally trash cans all over campus…use them!
8. Don’t break rules to impress peers
– No, you don’t look cool because you don’t listen to your teacher.
9. Don’t come to class unprepared
– “Aye you got a pencil” isn’t the best way to make new friends.
10. Don’t think you’re better than everyone else
– Lay low and high school will be a breeze!