On and Off Campus

Arianna Carlos and Zariah Goodman, Features Reporters

Here is a roundup of recent events by student organizations.

To include your organization in our next roundup, send your information to us at wrprowl.com

SLC- STATE LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE

Eleven students were involved in State Leadership Conference for HOSA, also known as Future Health Professionals. About 3000 HOSA members were involved in this competition. Two students won awards, Rajdeep Pannu for being in the TOP 10 for Healthy Lifestyles and Teresa Novoa for Scrapbooking. The students participated in various events during their three day stay.

JROTC LEADERSHIP CAMP

Over 50 cadets went to the annual Leadership Camp. The four JROTC companies, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta competed against one another during their stay at Dublin. All the cadets participated in events with obstacle courses, HMV simulations, shooting ranges, and even a rappel tower.

ARMY JROTC DRILL NATIONALS

For the first time JROTC went to nationals. Nationals were located at Kentucky at the Fort Knox Military Base. The 13 cadets that went to nationals visited other places that created an experience like no other. The leader of the platoon, Timothy Duong said they went to “The General Patton Museum, The Waverly Hills Asylum, and University of Louisville.”  Minnesota and Georgia were stops that led them on the way to nationals. Overall, Weston Ranch High School placed 32 nationwide and there are over 1,800 schools involved with JROTC in the nation.